Here are some organizations you can get involved to do some good with your camera:
Here some ideas of ways you can give service with your camera or photograph service being done:
SUBMIT A PHOTO
- Find service opportunities at JustServe.org
- Check your local government calendars for service events
- Auction off your portrait services at a silent charity auction
- Do event photography for charity diner / auction events for the organization
- Educate and help elderly document their stories
- Document your own efforts or the efforts of others to overcome depression
- Document disaster relief efforts
- Document community service
- Document someone going above and beyond to help others (nothing staged though, please)
- Volunteering to teach a photography class at boys and girls clubs, big brothers / big sisters, or other youth community organizations.
- Free family photography session for recently adoptive families, military families recently reunited from tours, or for family members with terminal diseases.
- Volunteer photography for animals adoption centers
- Accompany a Santa to a children’s hospital and offer free photos for families with Santa